The Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne has announced that he will give his annual Autumn Statement to Parliament on 4 December 2013.
The statement provides an update on the government’s plans for the economy based on the latest forecasts from the Office for Budget Responsibility. These forecasts will be published alongside the Autumn Statement on 4 December.
Full details of the announcements will be available following the Chancellor’s statement to Parliament.
£2 Million Childcare Business Grants Scheme – Applications Invited (England)
Launched earlier this year, the Childcare Business Grants Scheme aims to boost the provision of childcare in England and to incentivise entrepreneurship.
The scheme has been funded for one year with a fixed budget of £2 million. There are three types of grant available, depending on the type of childcare business that is to be set up:
- £250 for new childminding businesses (a childminder is someone who looks after children in their own home, either alone or with help from one or two other adults).
- £500 for new childminding businesses (as above) that intend to provide care for disabled children.
- £500 for larger childcare businesses, including nurseries and out-of-school clubs (which are usually run in a specialist building), and childcare businesses on domestic premises (in someone’s home, but with four or more adults working there).
For further information:
Childcare Business Grants Scheme
PO Box 894
Tel: 0844 2642546
The national minimum wage increased as of 1st October 2013.
HMRC enforces the national minimum wage and will serve penalties if the amounts below are not met.
- For workers aged 21 years or more: £6.31 per hour
- For workers aged 18-20 inclusive: £5.03 per hour
- For workers aged under 18 (but above compulsory school age): £3.72 per hour
- For apprentices aged under 19: £2.68 per hour