Do you employ at least one person? If you do, you now have certain legal duties, which are listed below.
- You will have a staging date – this is when the law comes into effect for you. The Pensions Regulator will have or will be sending each employer a letter with this date.
- You will need to confirm the primary and secondary contact for your company. They will be responsible for making sure the legal duties are met.
- You can choose a pension scheme that is right for the company or join the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) set up by the government.
- You will need to work out which employees need to be in the pension scheme. This will depend on their earnings and age.
- It is your legal duty to write to all your staff to explain how Auto Enrolment applies to them.
- You will have a deadline to complete your compliance declaration otherwise fines maybe imposed.
- Then of course there will be ongoing tasks which will include keeping accurate records.
All a bit confusing? Find out more from a trainer from the Pensions regulator at our workshop in Bracknell on the 11th April?
For further details and to book please click here.