WORKSHOPS FOR BUSINESS START-UPS
Start Your Own Business
This is a 10wk ONLINE workshop series based on our increasingly popular Start Your Own Business Workshop Series.
If you want to start your own business - start right here!
These are practical accessible workshops for people starting up businesses (including being sole traders) to do or make all kinds of things and for people who have all kinds of backgrounds.
All the workshop topics are linked. From our track record confidence, motivation and knowledge are all improved. Explanations are clear. There is question and answer time. All workshops get people taking actions to move their ideas forward. The finance and tax workshops are especially beneficial and successful – it is often the part that seems scary to people and can therefore be glossed over or pushed away for another day!
You can REGISTER your FREE place now from the left slide out panel. This is toggled by the 'BOOK NOW' link in the top menu. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
You can book all of the workshops in this series at once or select individual workshops you can attend.
- You and your idea/s
- Marketing & Branding essentials
- Marketing methods & social media
- Getting & keeping customers
- Status essentials & HMRC
- Expenses & finance timelines
- Costs and pricing
- Legal requirements
- Planning and routines for success
- Presentation and confidence in business
REGISTER your interest in a FREE place now from the left slide out panel. This is toggled by the 'BOOK NOW' link in the top menu.
Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Here are key points of what you will get from each workshop:
You and your idea/s
- Be more motivated to succeed
- Know the relevant strengths and weaknesses you have
- Be clearer on your business idea/s and what they mean to customers
- Understand the reality of business planning
Marketing & Branding Essentials
- Know how to describe your product or service clearly
Marketing Methods & Social Media
- Know about websites/ social media and what’s best to use
Getting & Keeping Customers
- Be more confident with where you are going
- Identify clearly who your customers/ clients will be and why
Status Essentials & HMRC
- Have more knowledge about what you must manage
- Know the differences in status you can use and why
Expenses & Finance Timelines
- Know the tax system and expenses that matter to you
- Think through realities of money when you start up
Costs & Pricing
- Know how to price your product/ service accurately
- Have simple sales techniques you can use
- Plan clearly how you will make real money
- Be confidently aware of what you have to do
- Have a plan of when things must be done
Planning & Routines for Success
- Have strategies to manage your time well
- Plan where you will work from to be efficient and productive
Planning & Presentation for Success
- Have a clear sense of direction of next steps
- Practice how you clearly present what you will do
- Know useful decision making and planning tools
- Bring the learning from all workshops to a useable plan
Where can I attend these workshops?
WHEN: Workshops run from 10:00am – 11:30am
WHERE: These workshops are held online via Zoom. You will not need to download any software to take part. You will simply need access to the internet via a computer.
Supported by Reading Council